June 23, 2010

Pound Cake

I was advised recently by a dear friend of mine, that my blog didn't do anything for her but help her pack on the pounds. Ha! Well, I never advertised my favorite foods to make as diet foods. As, you very well can see they are anything but that.

So, in like fashion, next up on my recipe list is Old Fashioned Pound Cake. Pound cake got it's name, not from it caloric content. The name is from the idea that if you mix a 1 pound portion of each of the basic ingredients a perfect cake comes out. So, in that fashion, here is one pound (approximately) of each of those basic ingrediants.

3 c. flour
2 c. butter, softened
8 large eggs
2 ½ c sugar


Mix well in a large bowl. Pour into a greased loaf pan or bundt pan and cook at 325 for approximately 70 minutes.

P.S. Once the basics are down this recipe can be dressed up with flavorings, etc. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment