June 08, 2010

Banana Bread


What is in a banana? Everything yellow and mushy and good. I love bananas. I have been buying 6-12 at a time recently. But the sadness comes when the bananas get too ripe too fast and I end up throwing some away. So, I asked for a good banana recipe; tweeked it a little bit; and, this is what I got. Wish me luck!

3 overripe bananas, mashed up
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons honey

2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour



Mix butter and bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla. Then, add the salt, baking soda and flour. Mix with a large spoon. Pour into loaf pan(s). Bake for 1 hour at 350.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, we love banana bread! I'll have to send a banana pumpkin muffin recipe I got from my sister-in-law. I make them instead whenever I happen to have canned pumpkin on hand as well. It's really, really good!

    ReplyDelete