May 12, 2010

Homemade Pizza


Ever since I was a little kid, my favorite thing to do was to make homemade pizza with my mom. I recently came across an excellent recipe and have tweaked it to my liking. My family loves this pizza.

1 packet of yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pure olive oil
2 cups bread flour

Dissolve the yeast into the warm water. Add the sugar, salt, and olive oil. Mix well. Add 1 cup of the follow and using the paddle attachment blend with a stand mixer, adding remaining flour slowly until dough comes together. Switch to a dough hook and knead in the mixer for 15 minutes on medium speed. Roll dough out onto a cooking sheet. Cover with preferred sauce, cheese, toppings. Bake on the lowest rack of a pre-heated 500 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment